Homemaking is whatever you make of it. Every day brings satisfaction along with some work which may be frustrating, routine, and unchallenging. But it is the same in the law office, the dispensary, the laboratory, or the store. There is, however, no more important job than homemaking. As C.S. Lewis said, "A housewife's work... is the one for which all others exist."

James E. Faust


Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Color Coordination

I organize my clothing by color in my closet. Why? Because it makes it so much easier to find what I am looking for. When I can find what I am looking for in a timely fashion I can then start my day faster/get out the door faster. See where I'm going with this?

Having your clothes organized this way also makes putting them away much faster too. No more searching for hangers as I'm hanging up my clean shirts. If I'm putting away a pink shirt, I simply look in the pink section of my closet and there's a hanger!

I organize my girls' (ages 5 and 8) drawers this way too. That way if they ask me, "Mom? Where's my purple shirt with the sequins?" All I have to do is tell them it's with the other purple shirts in their drawer. And it will be there too because that's where they put it when they were putting aways their laundry.

People may wonder why I go to such great lengths to keep my house organized. Here is why: The more efficiently my household runs, the easier it is to keep it picked up, get my chores done, and keep my sanity in the process!

Keeping your clothing organized will save you minutes at a time and those extra minutes add up! If I can save, say 5 minutes, in the morning getting dressed because I can easily find my favorite shirt and another 5 minutes when I have to put away my clothes then I just earned ten minutes in my day to sit on the floor and play with my kids or read a book.

See how many minutes you can save. :)

1 comment:

Karen Brothersen said...

This is EXACTLY how i organize my closets! People think i am crazy, but i think it is just smart! ha ha
I loved this post!