Homemaking is whatever you make of it. Every day brings satisfaction along with some work which may be frustrating, routine, and unchallenging. But it is the same in the law office, the dispensary, the laboratory, or the store. There is, however, no more important job than homemaking. As C.S. Lewis said, "A housewife's work... is the one for which all others exist."

James E. Faust


Thursday, February 3, 2011

Oh, the Possibilites!

I am always on the lookout for unique storage containers, especially for things that need to be stored in plain sight. While a plastic bin is great when it's hidden behind a door, I think containers with personality add visual interest.

Take these mini washtubs, for example. I found them in the dollar section at Target for a whopping $2.50 each! When I bought them the cashier said, "What would you use these for, Easter baskets?" She's just not looking at them from an organizational perspective. When I saw them I knew I had to have them. First off, they're cute (and inexpensive), second they're wide, and third they're deep. The possibilities are endless! I used two in my laundry room (how fitting!) and two in my kids' bathroom to store hair accessories.

There are so many different ways to store things that can bring a smile to your face. Wicker baskets are a favorite of mine because they are pretty and functional. You will find them all over my house. These washtubs are pretty high up there too. Storage doesn't have to be expensive or boring. See what you can find to de-clutter your life today!

1 comment:

jgirl said...

those are way cute! ;0)