Homemaking is whatever you make of it. Every day brings satisfaction along with some work which may be frustrating, routine, and unchallenging. But it is the same in the law office, the dispensary, the laboratory, or the store. There is, however, no more important job than homemaking. As C.S. Lewis said, "A housewife's work... is the one for which all others exist."

James E. Faust


Friday, August 9, 2013

Spice Up Your Life

This poor sad, neglected blog! Life has gotten away from me since being pregnant and now having an almost 6 month old plus four other children. Frankly, I have barely had time for the normal things let alone some organization projects. Mostly, I've been just trying to survive and maintain the systems that I've already put in place. I'm feeling a need to share today though so I guess you're in luck!

This little project is simple but will change the amount of time you need in the kitchen drastically. I had my 10-year-old do this one for me when she was in need of a little extra cash.
Voila! I don't know about you but I was super tired of never being able to find the spice or herb I was looking for as I prepared dinner. Nothing irks me more than not being able to find something! Luckily, the solution was so simple! I just had my daughter write the name of the spice on top of the lid.

Then I arranged them alphabetically and by size. Now when I need something I simply have to glance at the lid to find what I'm looking for. Spice racks are also handy but I have too many spices to fit in one. I love these flat baskets though. I bought them in bulk from Amazon. No, I am not kidding. :) They are awesome!

So there you have it. Simple project, but life-changing. Anything to make your life run a little smoother, right? By the way, I am done with my craft room now! Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Marci said...

this might just help! My spices are out of control and I never can find what I'm looking for, and with a baby now I have even less time for cooking. I'll have to get some bins and see how this works for me! Thanks for the idea!!!