Homemaking is whatever you make of it. Every day brings satisfaction along with some work which may be frustrating, routine, and unchallenging. But it is the same in the law office, the dispensary, the laboratory, or the store. There is, however, no more important job than homemaking. As C.S. Lewis said, "A housewife's work... is the one for which all others exist."

James E. Faust


Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Organization Class-Part III

If you'll remember last week, we talked about how in order to organize a space you have to clean it out first. Hopefully, it worked out for you! This week we're going to continue on with the next step which is sorting. If you made it through editing then sorting will be a breeze!

  • The trick to sorting is to break your project up into small pieces.
  • Try not to get overwhelmed as you go through what you've decided to keep.
  • Make a pile for each thing you'll be keeping, according to likeness, color, etc.
  • Categorize things in a way that make sense to you. When I organized my pantry, I sorted things this way. In one bin I placed all the breads and also included peanut butter, so everything to make a sandwich is right there. I did the same when I organized my laundry room. I put all the bathroom cleaners into one container, etc. Makes sense to me!
  • When organizing a child's space, keep the categories general and simple. Your kids will be more likely to maintain the space if they understand how it's arranged.
And there you have it. Sorting is easy and quick. Next week comes the real fun when we get to place our items back in their space! You'll love it I promise!

Click here to see how I "tackled" my girls' hair accessories!

No comments: