Homemaking is whatever you make of it. Every day brings satisfaction along with some work which may be frustrating, routine, and unchallenging. But it is the same in the law office, the dispensary, the laboratory, or the store. There is, however, no more important job than homemaking. As C.S. Lewis said, "A housewife's work... is the one for which all others exist."

James E. Faust


Thursday, September 30, 2010

Cubbies!

I've been trying to come up with a solution for our laundry room for some time. I wanted it to be multi-functional yet still look nice (since guests have to walk through it to use the bathroom). I not only wanted it to be a laundry room but also a mudroom for my kids to put their jackets and shoes when they walked in the door.

We decided to make a trip to IKEA to see if we could get some ideas. Here's what Nathan and I came up with... cubbies! Each child has two cubbies, one for shoes and one for jackets, hats and gloves, whatever the current weather calls for. We also bought some cool hampers to be used as my laundry system. I am totally stoked about how it looks and how functional it is! Is it sad for me to be so excited about storage?

2 comments:

Aunna said...

Love it! I decided I spend so much time in the laundry room it should look nice too. You'll have to let us know if it works.

Meesheeb said...

Cara, I have to tell you that I used your idea for the cubbies. I didn't think I had room in my laundry room for this, but after leaving your house on Saturday we went to Ikea and bought one of the shelves that I love there. The bins are awesome in there it looks so much more organized. Thanks for the idea!!!