Homemaking is whatever you make of it. Every day brings satisfaction along with some work which may be frustrating, routine, and unchallenging. But it is the same in the law office, the dispensary, the laboratory, or the store. There is, however, no more important job than homemaking. As C.S. Lewis said, "A housewife's work... is the one for which all others exist."

James E. Faust


Sunday, August 22, 2010

Compartmentalizing Cleaners


The way my house is set up people have to access the bathroom on the main floor via my laundry room. This fact bugs me to no end but it is what it is so I do what I can to make it blend in. There used to be just one long shelf above the washer and dryer where I kept all my cleaning supplies. Talk about an eye sore and I could never find what I was looking for without knocking things off.

My awesome husband recently bought me some utility cupboards to sit on top of the existing shelf so I could hide my cleaning supplies (and stop complaining). I took it one step further by categorizing my cleaning supplies and and putting them in their own bin. I love a good organizing project! The "bins" I used are actually CD crates that I found at Wal-Mart in their back-to-school section. They cost a whopping $1.50 each! They are just the perfect size to hold a few bottles and are easy to carry around. Here's the categories I used to organize my cleaners:
  • Cleaning Rags
  • Specialty Cleaners
  • Dusting
  • Laundry
  • Carpet
  • Bathroom

Now whenever I need to get something specific I just reach for the bin! It makes my life easier and I hope it will make yours too!

No comments: